Thursday, March 03, 2005

Variations on a Dream

Three years have gone by and they are still haunting me in my dreams – faces that want to be re-introduced, in places that assume different looks because they want to be re-lived.
They never stopped, my recurring dreams of packing suitcases and of being just minutes away from departure. One of those dreams I remember clearly, for I was not packing; I was staying behind, while all the rest were packing and going away. What pain…
I remember wandering in corridors, saying goodbyes. In other dreams I am always in a hurry. I am always running late. We are about to leave and I have not packed yet – how unusual for someone who has elevated packing in an art form. In another dream the scenery is bizarre – a hill and we have to carry our heavy suitcases up-hill.
My subconscious plays tricks on me. Feels unfulfilled. Wants to be given a second chance – to live and experience things differently, like in a film shoot: “One more time! The ending was not good!”