Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Dream Sequence

Before the tragedy occurs, you freeze the frame

I was on the run - or, well, this character was, that at times was me and at others I watched as if it wasn’t me. She, I, was on the run for having committed a big crime; so it felt. Otherwise, why would she need to run so fast? There was a scene where the character, still on the run, meets up with her lover. He takes her in an office, to hide and make love, presumably. A very tender scene of close-ups of hands follows. This one I can totally feel, so I guess then I become the character. Then I am on the run again, policemen after me. I find refuge in an old woman’s house. I don’t know her, yet it seems as if she was expecting me. She lets me go in. I enter a dark living room. I feel secure, so maybe there’s no way that they will ever look for me in that house. I feel secure, so the dream can now end. The character is looking out the window to a friend, who is I, and knows that she will never see her friend again. She will have to stay in that house forever, but at least she will be safe. The dream needs to end, so from the friend’s POV now, there is this closing sequence in slow motion, de-saturated colors, the character looking out the window of the dark living room. You can almost hear some exit music, you can almost see credits rolling. And the dream ends, and I wake up…