Saturday, December 03, 2005

The Awakening

How could I have forgotten? Or to be more honest, how could I have ignored for so long – that never ceasing desire for movement, rhythm, intoxication through dance…So many times have I had dreams of my self dancing, of my self returning to those classrooms full of mirrors - unashamedly reflecting bodies so in love with themselves. I was always happy when I was dancing. How could I have forgotten that dancing is all it takes for me to forget, to lose myself, to be free, to be happy.
My body aches as it’s violently awoken from its deep sleep. Scrapes and bruises to remind me that it’s still alive, that it’s still there. It will gradually learn anew to unfold and contort to the rhythm of the music, to fly high and low, to move gracefully through space. It will reacquaint itself with its reflection in the mirror – the graceful dancing Narcissus will fall in love with himself again – and he’ll be happy again…