Friday, February 04, 2005

Danish Courtesy

EXT. AMAGER – DAY

Spanish girl hastily locks the front door of her house and rides her bike without realizing that the rear tire is a bit flat.

CUT TO:

EXT. AMAGER BICYCLE LANES – DAY

Spanish girl is driving her bike with great speed, still not aware of the flat tire, when suddenly gravel causes her bicycle to slip. She falls from the bicycle and lands on her back. She lies there not being able to breathe properly. A Danish guy in his twenties stops immediately because she’s blocking his way on the bicycle lane.

GUY
erstgfhsfksjhgsd?

She’s thinking “What the hell is he saying? I don’t think I can actually try and speak Danish right now”

GUY
erstgfhsfksjhgsd?

SPANISH GIRL
(out of breath and with a faint voice)
I don’t speak Danish

GUY
Did you hurt yourself?

SPANISH GIRL
I don’t know yet…

GUY
(frantically pointing at his wrist watch)
Yeah, yeah, but hurry up! I have to go to work!

The Spanish girl lies there dumbfounded.

Actual ending: He yanks her by the hands and helps her to her feet.

Alternative ending:

SPANISH GIRL
Well OK, give me a pen and paper and I will write you a note for your boss

He gives her a pen and notebook. While still on her back, she writes: “Per Knudsen was late for work because he was helping a Spanish girl that fell from her bike.”

courtesy of I.G.V.